The Roku player will provide stereo signal through composite or HDMI cable. Roku player does not ever process surrounding sound signals. It only pass-through via HDMI.
Roku streaming device setup and a standard deviation TV only:
- Connect the composite cable first end i.e. 3.4mm to the back of your Roku player
- Second end to the corresponding red/white and yellow connectors on the TV input.
- Select option stereo only and in settings, set an audio mode to an auto mode.
Roku streaming device setup and a high definition TV/HDTV
- Connect the one end of HDMI cable to the Roku device and the other to an available HDMI connector on the TV.
- HDMI cable will not be included.
- For stereo settings, set an audio mode and then select stereo.
- For surround sound settings, set an audio mode to an auto mode. Then device will be connected.
- It will automatically determine the surround setting.
Moreover, on Roku classic models set an audio mode to surround sound.
Roku device with HDMI AVR and HDTV:
- Connect the one end of HDMI to your Roku player and other in the available HDMI input on your TV.
- Then make connection from HDMI on TV i.e. ARC port to the HDMI output of the receiver which will support ARC.
- Make sure that receiver should be capable of audio return channel or ARC and for the DD+ audio, your AVR must be capable of DD+ (Dolby Digital Plus)
Roku device with HDTV and HDMI ARC AVR:
- Connect one end to an available HDMI cable to Roku player and other to the HDMI input on TV.
- Though, you have to make a connection from HDMI on TV i.e. ARC port to the respective HDMI output.
Roku player with respective HDTV and a non-HDMI AVR:
- Connect one end of HDMI to Roku player and other to HDMI connector on TV.
- So, from your TV connect one end of composite cable to the audio output.
- And other end to the composite input on AVR.
- For stereo settings, set an audio mode to stereo and for surround select an auto mode then it automatically analyzes it.
Roku streaming stick with HDTV and non-HDMI AVR:
- Connect the Roku streaming stick into HDMI port on your TV (HDMI version only)
- Then, connect your Roku streaming stick to the MHL port on your TV (Roku ready version only, also requires a Roku TV)
- Therefore, connect one end of the composite cable to the composite output and other end to an AVR.
- Hence, the settings will be same as shown in above lines.
So, the setup is now over. Enjoy it. For more information visit www.rokucomlinkactivate.com